Smokes and flashes are very useful for strategies and combat in CS:GO. Many people like to practice their grenade throws, and you can find many videos on YouTube on how to do a specific smoke or flash.
In this guide we will show you some of the most useful console commands, for practicing different grenades and throws. These commands will give you unlimited ammo, show the grenade trajectory & impacts and also include a bind for noclip (so you can easily fly around).
Example of the commands in use, can be seen in the video below, where we demonstrate some easy smokes on de_mirage.
Make a config file called nadepractice.cfg and put it in your CS:GO config folder – the CS:GO folder is normally located in:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
Copy the commands below to your new config file. Every time you start a server, just type “exec nadepractice.cfg” and you are ready to go!
Lets just get to it, here is the config for anyone interested:
// Config for server sv_cheats 1 sv_infinite_ammo 1 ammo_grenade_limit_total 5 mp_warmup_end mp_freezetime 0 mp_roundtime 60 mp_roundtime_defuse 60 sv_grenade_trajectory 1 sv_grenade_trajectory_time 10 sv_showimpacts 1 mp_limitteams 0 mp_autoteambalance 0 mp_maxmoney 60000 mp_startmoney 60000 mp_buytime 9999 mp_buy_anywhere 1 mp_restartgame 1 // Bind a key so you can fly around - replace KEY with desired key. bind "KEY" "noclip" // Press this once to get all grenades - replace KEY with desired key. bind "KEY" "give weapon_hegrenade;give weapon_flashbang;give weapon_smokegrenade;give weapon_molotov" // Bot commands bot_add_t bot_add_ct bot_kick bot_stop
Important: remember to replace KEY with your desired key to use “noclip” or give grenades.
Explanation of the commands used in this config
- sv_cheats 1: enables all commands.
- sv_infinite_ammo 1: infinite ammo.
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 5: you can have 5 grenades instead of 4.
- mp_warmup_end: end warmup.
- mp_freezetime 0: no freetime in the beginning of each round.
- mp_roundtime 60: round time in minutes.
- mp_roundtime_defuse 60: round time in minutes on defuse maps.
- sv_grenade_trajectory 1: show a trajectory/line when you throw grenades.
- sv_grenade_trajectory_time 10: the time in seconds before the trajectory/line disappears.
- sv_showimpacts 1: show bullet impacts (blu/red boxes).
- mp_limitteams 0: there is no limit on how many players there can be on one team.
- mp_autoteambalance 0: auto team balance turned off.
- mp_maxmoney 60000: you can have $60.000 instead of the default $16.000.
- mp_startmoney 60000: start the game with $60.000.
- mp_buytime 9999: the time in which you are able to buy (in seconds).
- mp_buy_anywhere 1: enables you to open buy menu anywhere on the map.
- mp_restartgame 1: restarts the game after 1 seconds.
- noclip: you can fly and clip though objects.
- bot_add_t: add a bot to the terrorist team.
- bot_add_ct: add a bot to the counter-terrorist team.
- bot_kick: kick all bots.
- bot_stop: makes the bot stand still and do nothing.
Since this guide was written, we have made a more detailed guide for a general practice config.
If you have anything to add, please leave a comment.