Great news! So a “quick” little update came out yesterday, which brings some requested features from the community, to the game. For example are you now required to acquire a specific rank to play in competitive matchmaking.
OVERWATCH OUT OF BETA
- Added an XP reward for accurate Overwatch verdicts. The reward is proportional to the investigator’s Overwatch Score, is delivered after a sufficient number of accurate cases have been resolved, and can be collected by completing matches on official servers.
- Added a message to users when they have reported a user that was banned by VAC or Overwatch.
- Added a message to users when they have lost XP, competitive wins, Profile Rank, and Skill Group due to partying with a cheater.
- Updated the Overwatch F.A.Q.: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/
- Added Leadership, Teaching, and Friendliness commendations to the scoreboard. The team member with the best score in each category will display the relevant icon.
- CS:GO Profile Ranks now display like Skill Groups in the scoreboard: always for friends and party members, and at the end of the match for everyone else.
- Weapon fire sounds no longer prevented from playing due to the Potentially Audible Set.
- Fixed bug where dormant players could emit bullet impact sounds.
- New ladder footstep sounds.
- Inspecting a weapon from loadout screen now plays cage opening sound.
- Adjusted weapon fire sound falloff to be more noticeable at near range distances.
- Doubled GOTV broadcasting and recording snapshot rate (to 32) on official servers.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to commend themselves and removed all such commendations.
- Update rates enforced for players can now be configured higher than GOTV master tv_snapshotrate.
- Tickrates for players on official servers are now enforced to match server tickrate.
- Players must now be at least Rank 3 to play Competitive Matchmaking.
Also, here is the official blog post:
Since the launch of Operation Bloodhound, CS:GO players have been busy upgrading their Profile Ranks. What have you been fighting for? Find out below, along with adjustments to Overwatch, matchmaking, and commendations.
When you become a Global General (Rank 40), you will be given the opportunity to reset your Profile Rank. In return, you’ll receive the 2015 Service Medal, an inspectable display item that will be visible wherever your avatar is shown.
Are you experienced? Starting today, players will need a specific Profile Rank before they will have access to Competitive Matchmaking. Right now, Competitive Matchmaking will become available when you reach Private Rank 3. We’ll continue to evaluate this restriction over time.
Overwatch Out Of Beta
Serving the CS:GO Community just got a bit more rewarding. Overwatch Investigators now have an opportunity to gain an XP reward by submitting a sufficient number of accurate verdicts while participating in Overwatch.
When you have a reward available, you’ll be notified in the Main Menu. Collect your reward by completing matches and earning XP in any official game mode.
Also, if one or more players you reported for cheating receives a ban, you will receive a notification.
Are you a natural leader? A great teacher? Just an all-around friendly player? In the scoreboard, you will find out who on your team has received the most commendations for each of those categories.